NordVPN is a personal virtual private network service provider. It has desktop applications for Windows, macOS, and Linux, mobile apps for Android and iOS, as well as an application for Android TV. Manual setup is available for wireless routers, NAS devices and other platforms. NordVPN interface is very easy to set up and go. Once you have installed the app and signed in, you’re just one click away from full online security.
At NordVPN they strongly believe that the internet could be better than it is today: more open, private, and secure. That’s why their engineers, system administrators, and designers have spent last 6 years developing a security and privacy tool to bring this vision closer to reality. Today, millions of NordVPN users around the world click the blue Quick Connect button whenever they need online protection.
NordVPN is one of the few providers that unblocks all major streaming services like: Netflix, HBO, Amazon Prime, Pandora, BBC iPlayer, Hulu and others.
NordVPN Key Points:
- Being based in Panama, NordVPN falls under the country’s jurisdiction and Panama has no data retention laws;
- A strict no logs policy. NordVPN wants to ensure user privacy and security, therefore they never log user activities;
- Military-grade AES-256-CBC encryption and a variety of protocols to choose from: OpenVPN (UDP and TCP), PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, IKEv2/IPSec;
- Risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee;
- Unlimited bandwidth and data;+5000 servers located in 62 countries (the server number is always growing);
- Fast speed servers that are also reliable and consistent;
- Multiple ways to contact 24/7 customer support (live chat, email, ticket system);
- A CyberSec feature that blocks dangerous websites and lets users avoid annoying ads;
- An automatic kill switch (can kill individual processes or kill whole internet connection);
- 6 simultaneous connections;
- P2P friendly;
- PWorks in countries (China, the Middle East countries) where internet access is restricted, and strong censorship is in place;
- Double encryption to ensure top level privacy and security
NordVPN protects your internet traffic with cutting-edge security technologies, ensuring strong and reliable encryption between your device and a VPN server. By default, NordVPN apps use AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with 256 bit-keys – also used by the US government to secure classified information and by the NSA to protect national security data.
Browse without a trace
NordVPN is based away from the EU and US jurisdictions and has no obligation to collect your personal information. That means they don’t record, monitor, store, log or share anything you do. NordVPN can’t provide any details about your internet activity even if you request that yourself. Why? Because they have nothing to provide.
Privacy and flexibility combined
You can get connected to ultra-fast VPN servers anywhere around the globe to change your IP address and protect your browsing activities. Just choose from over 5119 NordVPN servers in 61 countries – more servers means less load and faster connections. It is not a problem what platform do you use: Windows at work, macOS at home, or Linux for your special projects. Here’s a NordVPN application for each of these, plus apps for iOS, Android, and Android TV. It has also encrypted proxy extensions for Chrome and Firefox. Best of all, with one NordVPN account, you can secure up to 6 devices at the same time.
High-speed security approved by Speedtest
Securing your data with strong encryption comes with a slight decrease in internet speed. But it’s the very nature of encryption. Websites you’re visiting, videos you’re watching, GIFs you’re laughing at – all online data has to be scrambled to protect your internet activity from prying eyes. NordVPN users enjoy encryption-powered security with minimum impact on their internet speed, so you will hardly notice the difference.
NordVPN is featured on all tech giants' websites and is highly rated by unbiased security experts:
- PCMag rated NordVPN as outstanding and has selected it as Editors’ Choice VPN two years in a row. It is the only VPN service provider to get all checks on PCMag’s website.
- VPNMentor has chosen NordVPN as the Best VPN Overall. NordVPN was chosen as the best in other categories such as – the best VPN for iOS and the best VPN for USA.
- BestVPN has selected NordVPN as one of the best VPN service providers of 2018.
- Selected as the best VPN overall in 2018 by TechAdvisor.
- Selected as #1 by other top technology experts.
As of November 2018, NordVPN runs over 5,200 remote servers in 62 countries, with the largest numbers of servers located in United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Netherlands, Germany, Australia, France and Sweden. Besides general-use VPN servers, the provider offers servers for specific purposes, including P2P sharing, double encryption, connection to the Tor anonymity network, and protection against DDoS attacks.
All major platforms and devices are supported by NordVPN, including: Windows, Android, MacOS, iOS, Linux, Blackberry, Windows Phone. NordVPN is also compatible with Raspberry PI, various routers, Smart TVs and more. NordVPN offers encrypted proxy extensions for Chrome and Firefox browsers. Extensions are user friendly and very easy to use.
NordVPN Subscription Plans and Exclusive Deals
NordVPN is one of the cheapest VPN services you will find online. Right now NordVPN is extending a discounted three-year subscription price for Restore Privacy readers. While the duration is certainly long, the savings are indeed significant, at only $2.99 per month for the three-year plan (plus you get a 30 day refund window).
NordVPN accepts all major payment methods like : Credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover and etc.), PayPal, Bitcoin (ensures that user privacy is secured even during payments) and other methods like Alipay, Web Money and more, including various local payment options.
NordVPN's award-winning customer service agents are ready to help you all day, every day. You can get in touch with them directly, or find the answers you’re looking for in their Help Center. Live chat is available 24/7 to answer any random questions you may have. It is accessible directly on the NordVPN website in the bottom right corner.
The best VPN providers for Kiwi Players now | Full List
Private Internet Access